Are you a talented software engineer, at ease with the latest Java and web technologies? Do you have experience with Docker, Kubernetes and container orchestration engines with focus on web applications deployments ? Then join CERN and take a major role in the design and implementation of the next generation of cloud applications and infrastructures to be used by the CERN's community!
As a Research Cloud Engineer in the CERN Openlab, your main activities will consist of:
- Research and development of new cloud based infrastructure capable of hosting CERN applications.
- Collaborate with CERN openlab industry partner (Oracle), present work results in conferences, publish papers explaining your work.
- Migration of production CERN Java applications to Kubernetes (OpenStack Magnum).
- Design solutions for cloud based disaster recovery solutions for CERN applications and databases.
- Encourage adoptions of new cloud based technologies amongst CERN developers.
- Evaluate security constrains of proposed solutions.
- Study innovative approaches for Java application Cloud deployment, design and evaluate the use of external providers as means of provisioning CERN applications.
- Investigate technologies that help improve efficiency of hosting solutions.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and specific training to peers.
You can see the full job description here: http://smrtr.io/DGCb
Seniority level: Mid-Senior Level
Employment type: Full Time
Job functions: Engineering